If you were not in good academic standing (cumulative GPA below 2.0) or were academically suspended or dismissed at the end of your last semester at UMBC, you must apply for reinstatement.
All applications for reinstatement are subject to Petition Board review.
Candidates for readmission must submit the following:
- A completed UMBC Undergraduate Readmission Application
Applications will be available mid-Fall.
- A written statement explaining the circumstances leading to your poor academic standing and offering a proposed plan of action to remedy past academic deficiencies
- Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all schools attended since your last enrollment at UMBC
- Additional pertinent information may be submitted at your discretion, such as medical documents, letters of reference or recommendation
- All university debts must be settled by the appropriate deadlines
- Earn a minimum 2.5 GPA and 12 credit hours
All supporting documents not submitted electronically can be sent to our office at the address below:
UMBC Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250