Advanced Standing

UMBC awards credit to students who have completed the Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), or International Baccalaureate (IB) courses and who score well on those respective tests. Tests must be taken prior to enrollment in college, and official test scores should be sent directly to UMBC. The Undergraduate Catalog, Appendix II, lists AP, CLEP, and IB examinations for which UMBC awards credit. Information is also included here on how to submit your scores.

Applicants who have taken college courses at an accredited institution while in high school may receive credit toward their UMBC degree, according to the university’s transfer credit policies. An official transcript from the college or university should be sent to the UMBC Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation.

Scroll to Top