Virtual Spring TransferFest
Join faculty members, staff, and current students to learn more about what makes UMBC a great community.
Tuesday, April 20, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. EDT
Tips for navigating your experience
- • Be sure to join sessions from the Webex app on your desktop, laptop, or mobile device. Download it here (while joining via browser will work, your experience will be limited)
- • Test your technology and make sure that your audio and video are configured for Webex Meetings here
- • Use the links provided to join each session at the session start time
- • Pay particular attention to academic programs, departments, and resources that you wish to connect with and join those spaces at the designated start times
- • If prompted to enter a password enter UMBCevents
- • Have fun and enjoy the evening!
Agenda at a Glance
- 4:30 – 4:45 p.m. – Welcome Session
- 4:45 – 6:30 p.m. – Transfer Student Connections
4:45 – 5:30 p.m. – Transfer and Academic Opportunities Fair
- College of Engineering and Information Technology
- College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; The Erickson School: Management of Aging Services; Education; and Social Work
- Undecided, Transfer Transition Programs, Allied Health
- Transfer Admissions
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. – Transfer Support Networks Fair
- Campus Life
- i3B: The Mosaic, Interfaith Center, and Pride Center
- International Student Services
- Off-Campus Student Services
- Residential Life
- Women’s Center
- UMBC at the Universities at Shady Grove
4:30 – 4:45 p.m.
This is the first stop in your Spring TransferFest experience! Hear from the undergraduate admissions team and learn more about how to navigate the evening.
Transfer Student Connections
4:45 – 6:30 p.m.
Throughout the evening, stop by this space to chat with current UMBC Retrievers who have transferred here. This is your opportunity to learn more about the UMBC student experience both inside and outside the classroom.
Transfer and Academic Opportunities Fair
4:45 – 5:30 p.m.
Take a deep dive into the areas of study at UMBC with advisors across the institution. Or use this time to chat with Admissions or Financial Aid and Scholarships to understand your transfer timeline and next steps. Once you join the main room, you will be able to join the breakout space with the Colleges or Offices of your choice.
Departments and Programs:
• College of Engineering and Information Technology
• College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences, including Pre-Med and Pre-Dental
• College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; The Erickson School: Management of Aging Services; Education; and Social Work
• Undecided, Transfer Transition Programs, Allied Health
• Transfer Admissions
• Financial Aid and Scholarships
Transfer Support Networks Fair
5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Find your fit at UMBC by exploring our diverse communities that provide support and engagement opportunities for our students throughout their time here. Once you join the main room, you will be able to hop into any of the breakout spaces that interest you.
Departments and Programs:
• Campus Life
• i3B: The Mosaic, Interfaith Center, and Pride Center
• International Student Services
• Off-Campus Student Services
• Residential Life
• Women’s Center
• UMBC at The Universities at Shady Grove