The Sondheim Public Affairs Scholars
Build together with a community of learners just like you–future leaders and problem-solvers who want to build a better world.
You’re invited to join the Sondheim Public Affairs Scholars Program, where you will:
- Study current public issues and develop potential solutions
- Gain real world experience through service-learning and internships
- Prepare for a career in government, public policy, law, healthcare, environmental sustainability, non-profit leadership, or another area of public service
- Receive a four-year scholarship
- Benefit from individualized advising from program staff and mentorship from upper-class Sondheim Scholars
- Join an active, engaged community of students interested in public issues
How We Support Our Scholars
The Sondheim Public Affairs Scholars Program provides generous four-year awards often covering the greater part of the cost of attendance at UMBC. Scholars will be offered scholarships up to:
Per academic year for in-state students
Per academic year for out-of-state students
Request More Information
Share your contact information and Jessica Cook, Associate Director of the Sondheim Scholars Program, will be in touch soon.
FY21 PAO - Sondheim
"Being a part of the Sondheim community has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my college career. I am constantly surrounded by people with different career, academic, and service interests and we all get to build off of each other's experiences. Being a member of a group that was based on the spirit of service has inspired me to tailor my future passions to help others and give back to the community that has helped me."
–Jacquilyn Johnson ‘18, political science
Undergraduate Admissions First-Year Early Action
We strongly recommend submitting your application to UMBC by the Early Action deadline.
Sondheim Scholars Application Deadline
Remember, you'll need to apply for our Scholars Program independently from your application to UMBC.