Our vibrant university is regarded as a new model for American higher education, small enough to give you personal attention, yet large enough to provide state-of-the-art facilities.
Our faculty have received a wide range of prestigious honors, including:
- Fulbright and Guggenheim Fellowships
- National Science Foundation CAREER Awards
- Presidential Early Career Awards in Science and Engineering (PECASE)
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Investigator Award
- Distinguished Public Service Medal from NASA
Support Every Step of the Way
Services and resources to support you beyond the classroom
Center for Global Engagement (CGE)
Our team of experts is dedicated to helping you adjust to living in the U.S. From visa and pre-departure support, to utilizing campus services and working with the Career Center, CGE is here to support you.
Academic Success Center
Academic support programs for all students including writing, science, and math tutoring.
English Language Institute (ELI)
Supplemental English courses and conversation partners to international students.
Assistance with writing assignments in any UMBC course.
Individual career advising and assistance securing internship opportunities.
Supporting International Students
UMBC is the only U.S. university recognized as a finalist in the student support category by U.K.-based Pie News for our International Student Career Development Initiative.
The Baltimore – Washington, D.C. area
We’re located in one of the greatest concentrations of commercial, scientific, and cultural activity in the nation: Visit the nation’s capital, beloved museums, parks, and travel anywhere you want to explore! You’ll also have access to our strong internship and job pipeline with 80,000+ alumni in the area.
We are just…
- 4 miles or 6 km from Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI)
- 15 minutes from Baltimore
- 45 minutes from Washington, DC
- 3 hours from New York City