Over 60 and retired?
Our Golden ID Program permits eligible Maryland residents to enroll in UMBC undergraduate courses at little cost.
To qualify for Golden ID, you must meet the following requirements:
- 60 years of age or older
- Your chief income is derived from retirement benefits
- You are not employed full time
If you qualify, you may enroll as a degree-seeking or a non-degree-seeking student.
- To apply, submit an application to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation by the regular deadline for each semester.
- Apply as a first-year student if you have or are currently earning your high school diploma or GED but have not earned college credits AFTER earning your diploma or GED.
- Apply as a transfer student if you have completed college level coursework at an institution of higher education after receiving a high school diploma or a GED.
- Apply as a non-degree student if you wish to take a single course or multiple courses during regular semesters with no intention of seeking a degree.
- Registration for courses is on a space-available basis.
- Tuition and most fees are waived.