- Once we receive and process your application, an acknowledgment email is sent to you at the email provided in the Common App. This email will include instructions on how to create a myUMBC account to monitor your application status.
- Check your myUMBC account to confirm that the supporting documents submitted on your behalf have been received. You should allow two weeks for processing time.
- Complete the “Required Application Questions” section in your myUMBC account.
- Your complete application and supporting documents are reviewed by our Admissions Committee. Additional information may be requested via your myUMBC account at this point, so be sure to set up that account when first notified.
- You will be notified via your myUMBC account of our admissions decision. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
When Will I Hear From You?
- If you’re enrolling for the fall:
- December: Decision letters are sent to early action applicants
- February: Decision letters are sent to regular applicants
- After February: Decision letters for complete applications are sent within two weeks of completion date
- If you’re enrolling for the spring:
- December: Decision letters are sent to regular applicants
Note: If you apply to a visual or performing arts program you will be notified by the department regarding your status in their program upon review of portfolio and/or completion of an audition.
What Happens After a Decision is Made on My Application?
After you have been notified about your admissions decision, there may be additional steps for you to take.
Monitor Your Application Status on myUMBC
Once your application for admission is received and processed, you may view the status of your application online via your myUMBC account.
Applying to a Scholars Program or as a Visual or Performing Arts major? Be sure to research additional requirements and make those additional applications by the deadlines specific to the programs of interest to you.