Non-Degree and Visiting Students

Non-Degree and Visiting Students

Want to take a class or classes for personal growth or take a course and transfer the credits to your home institution? We’ve got you covered.

Here’s how to apply:

Non-Degree Students

You are a non-degree student if you wish to take a single course or multiple courses during fall or spring semesters with no intention of seeking a degree.

To be considered for admission as a non-degree student please submit the following:

  • Complete a Non-Degree Seeking Student Application 
  • Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee
  • Submit college transcripts. (Unofficial records will be considered).
  • If fewer than 30 semester hours of college coursework have been completed, you must submit a high school transcript (unless you have been out of high school three years or more).

Visiting Student (Summer or Winter)

You are considered a visiting student if you attend another college or university and want to earn specific course credits at UMBC that will transfer back to your home institution during our summer or winter session.

  • Note: Students who are admitted for the fall or spring term may be eligible to take courses during the session immediately prior to the start of their full-time enrollment and do not require a visiting student application.

To be considered for admission as a visiting student please submit the following: