Your guide to accessing UMBC’s virtual events through Cisco Webex
Accessing Webex Meetings and Events via a Laptop or Desktop Computer
To ensure the best experience possible we recommend accessing UMBC virtual events via the downloaded app on a laptop or desktop computer. If you plan on attending our virtual events using your mobile device, skip to the Mobile Access section below.
- Click on the event that you wish to join through your event confirmation email or the Event Webpage. Make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled.
- Enter your first name, last name, and email address.
- If you are prompted to enter an event password please enter: UMBCevents
Accessing Webex Events Via a Mobile Device
Download the Webex app to your mobile device to join the Webex session. If you already have the app you can select to use the app that is installed.
- Prior to the event, download the Webex Meetings app to your phone.
- On the day of the event, select the session you wish to attend through your event confirmation email or the event webpage.
- Fill out your information (first name, last name, email address).
- If you are prompted to enter an event password, please enter: UMBCevents
- Click the “Join Now” button and select that you would like to join using the app that is installed.
- Click “Start” and you will join the session.
Joining Breakout Rooms
During some of our virtual programs, you may be asked to join breakout rooms in Webex Meetings. For instructions on how to join a breakout space via a desktop or mobile device, please visit this webpage.
Need Additional Assistance?
Our IT support team will be able to assist you during our virtual events. Please contact 410-455-2292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.