If you left UMBC and your cumulative GPA was below 2.0, whether you were on academic probation or academic suspension, you must apply for reinstatement in order to enroll again at UMBC. Students who left UMBC in good academic standing (cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher) may apply for readmission.
Email email@example.com if you are uncertain of your status or have any questions regarding reinstatement.
All applications for reinstatement are reviewed by the Academic Actions and Reinstatement Committee, who makes decisions on a rolling basis. Early application is highly recommended.
Fall: August 15
Spring: January 15
Reinstatement to UMBC is not automatic, although former students who have earned a solid record at another institution, including at least 12 academic credits with a 2.5+ GPA, are usually good candidates. Careful consideration is also given to the student’s personal statement submitted as part of the Academic Plan of Action and to the advisor recommendation. A student’s prior academic history at UMBC is relevant to the decision. Suggestions for reinstatement applicants are available here.
Candidates for reinstatement must submit the following:
- A completed UMBC Undergraduate Reinstatement Application
- Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee
- A written statement explaining the circumstances leading to your poor academic standing and offering a proposed plan of action to remedy past academic deficiencies
- Official transcripts from all schools attended since your last enrollment at UMBC
- Additional pertinent information may be submitted at your discretion, such as medical documents, letters of reference or recommendation
- All university debts must be settled by the appropriate deadlines
All supporting documents not submitted electronically can be sent to our office at the address below:
UMBC Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250